Cleveland Super League Rules 2021/2022
1. The name of the League will be the CLEVELAND SUPER LEAGUE with the proviso that this can be changed to include the name of any Sponsors.
This may only be done at the discretion and the permission of the C.D.O. Committee.
2. The purpose of this Super League shall be to bring together the best dart players in Cleveland to compete with and against each other and to provide the means wherein the National League selectors may have a guidance (use of averages) as to whom they will select to represent Cleveland in their National League Matches.
3. The League shall operate through its own Super League Secretary’s, who will be elected by the members and responsible to, the C.D.O Committee of the Cleveland Darts Organisation.
Should there be any dispute; the decision of the C.D.O Committee will be final.
4. Any person who has accepted election to any office within the League who wishes to resign from office, shall put their reasons in writing to the League Committee, failure to do this may result in suspension from holding Office within the League or the County for a period of five (5) years.
5. Membership into the Cleveland Super League shall be by election only.
To ensure the efficient working of the League, numbers in any one division shall be restricted. Should the numbers be large enough to advocate a second Division then the C.D.O County Committee shall be responsible for the allocation of which teams play in which Division.
The C.D.O. Committee reserves the right to refuse admission into the League, either an individual player or a team without giving reason.
6. Teams elected to take part in the C.D.O. Super League, will represent the town or area they play in and will take the name of that area.
7. All financial matters will be the responsibility of the C.D.O. Committee who shall be elected by the Members and headed by the C.D.O. elected Treasurer or Executive Committee.
Fee’s, Fines etc. concerning all Super League affairs will be decided by the C.D.O. Committee at the beginning of each season and Teams will be informed of these Fee’s/Fines etc. at the A.G.M. Players with outstanding debt with the County will be suspended from Super league until the balance is paid in full.
8. All Teams must pay their Team Registration Fee at the AGM or first Super League Meeting, this money shall be given to the C.D.O. Treasurer/General Secretary or Chairman.
The amount decided at the A.G.M. The Fee will not be refundable in the event of a Team withdrawing from the League after the League has commenced.
Any Teams not paying their Fee’s either at the AGM or first Super League Meeting week deadline, will be given seven (7) days’ notice to pay, any Teams failing to submit their Fee’s within this time may be asked to leave the League and will not be considered as part of the C.D.O. Super League for the remainder of that same season.
9. Should a Team either drop out or be ejected from the League, any points/averages gained by that team and ALL opposition team points gained and personal averages gained will be declared Null n Void and be erased from both the League and individual Average Tables.
The only exception to this rule would be that should the team dropping out or being ejected having played up to or beyond the half way stage of the league season, then only opposition points and personal averages AFTER the half way stage would be declared Null n Void, ALL other points and averages to stand.
10. All Super League players to be registered on individual UKDA. Registration forms issued at the beginning of each season. It is compulsory that all players pay a £10.00 registration fee, of this £10.00 goes to the UKDA to a cap of 220 players (With NO exceptions) all registrations to be received by the League Secretary within two (2) weeks of the League starting. Further registrations after commencement of the season will be charged at £10.00 per Player, there are no restrictions on the number of players a team may sign on after the teams initial Registration; however (Rule 10.a) will be applied following the original registration.
NO person shall be allowed to play a Super League game without first filling in a UKDA Registration form.
10. a. Only one (1) new player may play in the game due to be played on the night of signing new players. (E.G. If a team signs on two (2) or more players on the night of a game then that team may only play one of those players on that night) The remaining number of players may play in any following games. All new UKDA registration forms MUST accompany the score sheet of that game.
10. b GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION [GDPR]
WHAT IS GDPR
Most of you will have heard in some way or another of the recent legislation introduced called GDPR.
Which is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU).
All details regarding GDPR is available at https://ukdartsassociation.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/UKDA-GDPR-Policy-new-temp-v1-300520.pdf
11. No Player may play for more than one team in any one season. All players taking part in the C.D.O. Super League must let CDO know your availability to be selected and play in CDO National team, with the exception of rule 11a.
If a team drops out of the C.D.O. Super league through unforeseen circumstances, player/s (A Maximum of 3 players from the same team) MAY be allowed to transfer to another team only with permission and following a meeting of the C.D.O. Committee.
Please note that the second paragraph of this rule ONLY applies to a Full Team leaving the league and DOES not apply to an individual wishing to change teams for personal reasons.
11. a Each Super League team is allowed any player from an outside National League Organisation to play in their team.
12. Games to be played on a Sunday Night (men) and Thursday Night (Ladies), cancellation of matches must be agreed by both teams and a new date agreed. The matches/games are to be played as per the dates stipulated on the Fixture List issued at the beginning of the season. Any discrepancies, enquires and cancellations must be communicated to the Super league Secretary.
All games must be completed by the end of the season on the Super league fixture list.
Starting time for Men 7.30pm and Ladies is 8.00pm
14. Men’s Teams will consist of seven (7) players. Ladies Teams will consist of five (5) players.
15. Men’s matches may be played with a minimum of six (6) players, Ladies with a minimum of four (4) players. The offending team will be fined £2.00 for each player short.
Opponents who have a full team may select which of their players are put into the draw and claim the remaining points of the number of players their opposition is short.
(e.g. If a men’s team has only six (6) players then the team fielding a full team may select which five (6) of their squad play their games and nominate the remaining game as a win)
The Cleveland Darts Organisation Committee would like to, at this point strongly remind each Super League Team that the UKDA / C.D.O. Registration is that of an Open Registration and players may be signed on at anytime during the season.
Taking this into consideration it is highly recommended that teams at all times should try to field a full squad in order that all C.D.O. Super League players may achieve a fair and proper playing average.
16. Entry into Major Super League Competitions and UKDA. Member only events is Mandatory for all Super League Teams; the entry fees for such competitions will be fixed by the C.D.O. Committee and put forward at the Annual General Meeting. Teams will be informed of competitions as they arise, also the Date, Time and Venue of such competitions.
17. Teams are required to support all fund raising promotions put forward by the C.D.O. For the benefit of themselves, the League and consequently the Cleveland Darts Organisation who promote the Super League for the benefit of the County Darts.
18. All complaints must be in writing to the League Secretary within seven (7) days of the game.
19. All games will be played on a good standard Mission Samurai Board, (CDO WILL ISSUE FIRST BOARD OF THE SEASON TO ALL SUPER LEAGUE TEAMS) which must be used for all Super League matches. Any Team that arrives at a Venue and the Board is not in use must inform the Super League Secretary any games not played on the official sponsored board will be Null and Void ,(THAT IS ALL POINTS AND AVERAGES FOR THAT GAME WILL NOT BE COUNTED, THE AWAY TEAM WILL BE ALLOCATED THE WIN FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE LEAGUE STANDINGS) away team must lodge protest if home team refuse to play on Official Board.
19a If any team refuses to play on the official match board or refuses to use the board, the committee will hold an internal investigation and could lead to suspension from the league and fines imposed.
20. The Dartboard will be fixed such that the 20 segment is coloured black and is at the top of the board. All
Games will be played with adequately lit dartboards, using a lamp of minimum 100-Watt intensity.
21. The Standard measurements for all games must be as follows:
The Centre of the Bull must be 1.73 meters (5’ 8”) from the level of the floor.
The Minimum throwing distance shall be 2.32 meters (7’ 9.25”) from the face of the dartboard and not from the wall behind the board.
The Diagonal measurement from the centre of the Bulls Eye to the Back of the Oche must be 2.93 meter’s
The Height of a raised Oche shall be .38mm (1.5inches)
The Length of a raised Oche shall be .610mm (2’ 0”)
A Conversion Factor of 1cm (0.3937 inches) will be allowed
A Minimum distance of 1metre (3’ 3”) shall be clear behind the raised Oche
22. No player shall throw any dart with his/her feet in any position other than behind the raised Oche. Any player wishing to throw their darts from either side of the raised Oche must keep their feet behind an imaginary line extending either side of the raised Oche, any player in breach of this Rule must be warned by the referee or caller in the presence of their Team Captain.
Any darts subsequently thrown in breach of this Rule shall not score and will be declared invalid by the referee or caller.
All darts must be deliberately thrown, one at a time, by, and from, the player’s hand.
All darts must be thrown with the needlepoint aimed towards the face of the dartboard.
If a dart is not thrown in this manner then the ‘throw’ will be declared a ‘foul throw’ and will not count in that respective leg, set, or match.
23. The Bust Rule shall apply in all games. If any player scores more than the number they require then the score will revert back to what is was originally before they threw their first dart and any score scored with any dart will not count. (i.e.) If a player requires 8 and goes for the double 4 with their first dart and they then hit the single 4 followed by a 15 whilst assuming they would be going for double 2 their score will revert back to 8 required at their next throw at the board.
24. Any dart thrown after a player has hit the double to finish a leg of darts will not count, as that respective leg is deemed to have ended once the winning double has been hit.
25. Any Team found guilty of deliberately losing a match, shall be stopped from any further
Participation in that match and shall be barred from entering any future C.D.O darts events until such
Time as laid down by the C.D.O. General Committee.
26. The order of play will be decided at the beginning of each match and will be strictly adhered to.
Players not available when called to play will have that particular game awarded to their opponent.
Once the names have been drawn they cannot be changed.
27. The Men’s Divisions games to consist of best of best of 7 legs 501. The away team will throw
First in all games.
The away team player will throw first in legs 1, 3, & 5 and if necessary 7, the home team player will
Throw first in legs 2, 4 & 6.
The Ladies games to consist of five legs of 501. The away team to throw first in all games. The away team player will throw first in legs 1, 3 & 5. The home team player will throw first in legs 2 & 4.
Format Men’s Matches to consist of seven (7) Singles. Best of 7 legs, 2 Pairs Best of 3 Legs 501 x = Nine Points plus 2 bonus points to winning team.
The Men’s Divisions will consist of A league and B league. The winner of the A league will represent Cleveland at the Champions Cup.
The bottom two teams in the A league will be relegated to the B league the end of season. The top two teams in the B league will be promoted into the A league at the end of the season.
The Super league Secretary has the right to promote more teams depending on new teams coming in or teams dropping out but no more than two teams will be relegated.
All new teams will start in the B League.
The fixtures will consist of games home and away for all teams.
The Super league Secretary reserves the right to change this depending on new teams coming in and teams leaving at the start of each season.
Ladies Matches to consist of five (5) Singles 5 legs x 501 plus two (2) pairs x 3 legs x 501. = Seven (7) points plus 2 bonus points to the winning team.
In the Men’s games each player winning their singles game will be awarded a quarter point win bonus to be added to their actual playing average. In the Ladies games each player winning their singles games will be awarded 1 win bonus point to add to their actual playing average. To be added to the average table for use in County selection.
28. All matches must be marked in either chalk or Pen or a digital devise. Any errors in the scores must be corrected before a player throws for the Leg.
29. All legs straight start, double finish, Bull to count as double 25.
30. No one to tell a player their shot out. IF requested by the player the Marker and Caller must tell the player what they have scored and what they have left.
31. Results of each leg and final match score must be recorded on a score sheet or have a digital copy of all scores whichever the home team wishes to record the games, the score sheet/ digital copy must be acknowledged by both captains following the conclusion of the match. In the singles all scores, number of darts used, must be recorded. In a winning leg, the shot out by a player must also be recorded and in a losing leg, the score remaining must be recorded.
These score sheets/match stats must be completed at the game and be received by the League Secretary within three (3) days of the match being played. Failure to do this will result in a 2 points deduction.
32. In all Cleveland Super League Competitions i.e. Team K.O. – Pairs – etc. All Team Members, Pairings etc. MUST come from the SAME Super League Team that has participated in the Super League for that current season.
The ONLY exception shall be, after all the pairings have been entered into the competition, any spare players without partners may be placed into a hat and a draw made by the Organiser to allow these players to play.
33. All players are reminded that whilst participating in the C.D.O. Super League they will be considered Ambassadors to the sport of Darts, also to the Cleveland Darts Organisation, they must therefore bear in mind that at all times they must conduct themselves in a manner complimentary to their Sport and their County both home and away.
34. In the case of any Misconduct the Committee will have the right to deal with each offense in a manner that they see fit.
Any offending Team/Player will have the right to appeal against any such decisions reached By the Committee.
All appeals must be in writing to the Committee within fourteen (14) days of notification of the result of any hearing/decision.
35. Any amendments/proposals to the Super league rules must be put in writing from the team captain no later than 14 days before the COUNTY AGM and seconded by another team captain. This will then be voted on at the AGM. If votes are tied the County Chairman will have the deciding vote.
35a The CDO will run a presentation night once yearly for the previous season’s awards. To support the presentation each Super League Team will be required to purchase 4 tickets towards the night, how you wish to purchase these tickets is up to each individual team.
36. Any items not covered in these Rules by the C.D.O, UKDA/DRA RULES APPLY